California Society for Clinical Social Work
GROW YOUR COMMUNITY & ADVANCE YOUR CAREERProfessional Development | Advocacy | Connection
SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN TO REGISTER - you will select your registration type on the next page - Members should log in to have access to member pricing.
(1:00-1:30 social | 1:30-3:30 two CE hour presentation)
Presenter: James Margolis MD
Location: 5730 River Oak Way | Carmichael, CA 95608 (private residence)
Dr. Margolis is currently at Another Choice Another Chance and in private practice, while continuing to be the medical director of Homewood’s Ski Patrol. He was the Chief of Child Psychiatry at Sutter Center for Psychiatry, medical director at Sutter Counseling Center’s Child Guidance Clinic and continues to teach at UCDMC working primarily with medical students.
He is a child psychiatrist who is very knowledgeable and experienced in the effects of marijuana on teens, young adults, on parent’s parenting and on adult clients.
(1) Be able to explain to clients how marijuana affects adolescent and young adult’s brains.
(2) Be able to explain to clients that there are potential interactions of THC and other cannabinoids with psychotropic meds and help them be able to tell their prescribing doctor about their marijuana use.
(3) Be able to assess if their client’s marijuana use is problematic.
(4) Be able to maintain therapy relationships with clients who report they are experts on medical marijuana and dismissive of their traditional physician’s concerns.
(5) Be able to identify how their own countertransference and their client’s transference can impact objective decisions about marijuana use.
(6) Be informed about how marijuana affects depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, ADHD and schizophrenia.
Please RSVP to JeanR123@aol.com or 916-487-8276 so we can better plan for accommodating attendees
CSCSW | P.O. Box 60937, Palo Alto, CA 94306 | (310) 254-9471 | email@example.com