Presenter: Martin Hsia, Psy.D. | Clinical Director at The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Southern California (CBT SoCal)www.CBTSoCal.com
SUMMARY OF PRESENTATION: OCD is a mental health issue that the general public is very familiar with, and is frequently associated with ritualistic hand-washing, repetitive checking of locks, doors, and buttons, and often a sense of perfectionism. However, truly understanding OCD in its complexity and variations requires a more in depth discussion, lest even well-meaning mental health professionals risk misunderstanding and mistreating the issue in their clients. This presentation is aimed at equipping participants to more accurately understand, assess for, treat OCD in clinical contexts. Participants will become versed in the range of OCD presentations, and the nuances of how OCD often begins, how it is maintained, how it worsens, and how it can be treated. With the use of case examples, participants will learn about implementing Exposure with Response Prevention to treat OCD among youth and adults. This presentation will be dynamic and interactive, including ample time for Q+A.
- Participants will learn sophisticated ways of identifying and differentially diagnosing OCD in their clients.
- Participants will learn about the primary variants of OCD presentations.
- Participants will learn about the psychological and behavioral phenomena which maintain and exacerbate OCD.
- Participants will learn about implementing Exposure with Response Prevention (ERP), the gold standard treatment for OCD.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Martin Hsia, Psy.D. is a Licensed Psychologist and the Clinical Director at the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Southern California (CBT SoCal). CBT SoCal is a group practice that specializes in treating people with Anxiety Disorders, most specifically Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) in its various forms, as well as CBT for unique presentations such as Trichotillomania, Excoriation Disorder, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Insomnia, Erectile Dysfunction, and Chronic Pain.
Dr. Hsia is a member of the International OCD Foundation, a Diplomate with the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, and a longtime member of the Board of Directors for the San Gabriel Valley Psychological Association. He has taught, lectured, and supervised as Clinical Assistant Professor at Fuller Graduate School of Psychology in Pasadena, Dr. Hsia hosts the podcast, Psych Rally.
Dr. Hsia can be reached at MHsia@CBTSoCal.com, (818)547-2623, or at the practice website: www.CBTSoCal.com.
ATTENDANCE AND CEU INFORMATION: Members and students do not pay to attend. There is a nominal attendance fee of $10 for non-members. Society members earn 2.0 CE units at no charge. The cost for non-members to receive 2.0 CE units is $20. This presentation meets the qualifications for 2.0 CE units for LCSWs, ASWs, LPCCs and MFTs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. All clinical disciplines are welcome. You can attend any CSCSW meeting throughout the state.
Light refreshments are provided. Bring your flyers, business cards and brochures.
NOTE: REGISTERED ASWs can now accrue CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS towards their license, as long as they receive prior approval from their supervisor.
RSVPs are preferred to ensure your seat.
For more information or to renew your membership contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 650 460-9210
LOCATION AND PARKING INFORMATION:
- The Galleria is located at the intersection of 101 and 405 freeways and the corner of Ventura and Sepulveda.
- Easiest Entrance: The easiest entrance is at the southern end of the mall - take Sepulveda Blvd and turn at stoplight into ‘Galleria Lane’ (near Ventura Blvd). Follow signs to Valet, just past valet will be area for Self-Parking.
- The Community Room is located on the 1st floor near the Cheesecake Factory and past the Paul Mitchell Salon and ATM.
- Validation for all day parking provided to the first 50 attendees (per the Galleria), so please arrive early.
Gloria Gesas, LCSW | 818-990-1053 | email@example.comOnline RSVPs are preferred
Tanya Moradians Ph.D, LCSW | 818-783-1881 | firstname.lastname@example.org