Presenter: Susan Lindau, LCSW
Recognizing that being a part of the largest burst of infants following the end of WWII, the “Baby Boomer” poulation has become the largest explosion of individuals reaching what is identified as the “aging population.” As clinicians, we must recognize what is happening to this population physically, socially and environmentally. This presentation will identify and discuss the changes with which this generation is forced to live and describe activities, projects and conversations related to these changes.
- Learn appropriate goal setting for this population.
- Understand the resources needed to attain goals.
- Learn about changes in the aging body and physical abilities.
- Learn to recognize changes in cognitive skills and how to support clients in adapting to these changes.
Susan Lindau, LCSW, is trained in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She has a private practice in West Los Angeles and is an Associate Adjunct Professor at the University of Southern California. She earned her MSW at the University of Michigan.
Meetings begin with a half hour of mingling, networking, and community building, followed by our program.
Parking: In addition to street parking, two kosher markets, Glatt Mart and Elat, have given permission to use their parking spaces, behind their stores on Saturdays. They are both located on Pico Blvd, between Wooster and Shenandoah Streets. If you park in their lots, (on the South side of Pico) cross to the North side of Pico, and walk one long block north on Shenandoah St. to 1110 S. Shenandoah.
Monica Blauner | email@example.com
This course meets the qualifications for 2.0 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Note: With supervisor approval, registered ASWs may use CEs toward LCSW hours.
Attendance and Registration Policies
- Non-members of CSCSW will be charged: $10 admission
- For CEU’s there will be an additional charge of: $10 per CEU ($15 for 1.5 CEU’s; $20 for 2 CEU’s)
- CSCSW Members and students will continue to attend and receive CEUs for free
- 14 days or more before event date: Full refund
- 13-7 days before event date: 75% refund
- 6 days or less before event date: No refund
Note: Registration will be canceled if payment is not made at least 7 days prior to the event.