Presenter: Allen Ruyle, LCSW
This presentation will help clinicians understand the frequency with which boys and men experience sexual abuse, the special challenges abuse creates for male survivors and the best practices for working with these clients toward meaningful and lasting improvement.
Attendees will be able to:
- Identify five common myths about male survivors of sexual abuse/assault;
- Recognize dynamics/beliefs/expectations that prevent men and boys from reporting their abuse history;
- Discuss the role of compulsive behaviors in the male survivor community; and
- Use trauma-informed approaches in the assessment and treatment of the male survivor client.
About the Presenter:
Allen is a Trainer & Consultant, providing education and consultation for clinicians regarding the screening, assessment and treatment of male survivors of sexual abuse and sexual assault.
Since 2011, he has had a Private Psychotherapy Practice in Individual, Couple and Group Psychotherapy. His areas of special focus include: Male Sexual Abuse Survivors (individual and group), Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Trauma & Domestic Violence, Grief & Loss, Sexuality & Intimacy, & Self-Esteem,
THE SAN DIEGO DISTRICT PROGRAMS WILL TAKE PLACE ON THE FIRST SATURDAY MORNING OF EACH MONTH, FROM 10-12 NOON, AT OUR PRESENT JFS LOCATION.
The San Diego Chapter of CSCSW holds its meetings on the first Saturday of the month from September through June from 10:00 to 12:00 at the Jewish Family Service building, 8788 Balboa Avenue in Kearny Mesa. Meetings begin with a half hour of mingling, networking, and community building, followed by our program.
District Main Point of Contact: Ros Goldstein | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Note: With supervisor approval, registered ASWs may use CEs toward LCSW hours.
Attendance and Registration Policies
- Non-members of CSCSW will be charged: $10 admission
- For CEU’s there will be an additional charge of: $10 per CEU ($15 for 1.5 CEU’s; $20 for 2 CEU’s)
- CSCSW Members and students will continue to attend and receive CEUs for free
- 14 days or more before event date: Full refund
- 13-7 days before event date: 75% refund
- 6 days or less before event date: No refund
Note: Registration will be canceled if payment is not made at least 7 days prior to the event.